Deed Poll by an Adult Person
ABOUT THIS DOCUMENT
This application is required by an adult person to change their name. It comprises a Deed Poll and a Statutory Declaration by a witness who knows the applicant for at least 10 years.
• Name, ID and address of Applicant.
• Name, ID and address of Witness.
• Copy Applicant’s birth certificate.
• Fill in the application.
• Applicant to sign deed poll before the named witness.
• The witness to swear the statutory declaration before a Commissioner for Oaths, Notary Public, Magistrate or Consular Officer.
• Stamp the deed poll with stamp duty at the nearest lands registry.
• Present the application for registration at the Registry of documents.
• Advertise the change of name in the Kenya Gazette.
• Register the change of with the Registrar of Persons and apply for a new ID.
Why Choose Lawyer Wangu
Get in Touch
Fill the form below with your details and questions