Deed Poll for a Minor (under 18 Years)
ABOUT THIS DOCUMENT
This application is required by the parent or guardian to change the name of a Minor above 2 years old. It comprises of a Deed Poll and a Statutory Declaration sworn by an independent person who knows the child personally.
- Name, ID and address of Guardian.
- Name, ID and address of Witness.
- Copy Minor’s birth certificate.
- Fill in the application.
- Guardian to sign deed poll before the named witness.
- The witness to swear the statutory declaration before a Commissioner for Oaths, Notary
Public, Magistrate or Consular Officer.
- If the minor is above 16 years old, fill in and attach minor’s consent to change of name https://lawyerwangu.com/documents/consent-to-change-name-by-a-minor-over-sixteen-years/
- Stamp the deed poll with stamp duty at the nearest lands registry.
- Present the application for registration at the Registry of documents.
- Advertise the change of name in the Kenya Gazette.
Register the change of with the Registrar of Persons and apply for a new birth
Why Choose Lawyer Wangu
Get in Touch
Fill the form below with your details and questions