> How to apply for replacement of a lost/damaged Title

> How to apply for replacement of a lost/damaged Title

Section 33 of the Land Registration Act provides that a person may apply for replacement of a lost or destroyed lease/certificate of title to the Land Registrar.

Procedure for applying for replacement of a lost/ damaged Title/Lease

i. Acquire a Police Abstract reporting the loss/damage
ii. Apply for an official search
iii. Submit an application for replacement of Title/Lease (Form LRA 12) together with an affidavit for loss/ destroyed title
iv. Publish a notice in two local dailies of nationwide circulation
v. The Registrar shall notify the loss by notice in the Gazette
vi. If there is no objection after lapse of 60 days the Registrar will issue a duplicate of title/ Lease.

Need help or an express service managed by us? Need help? Talk To us

Why Choose Lawyer Wangu



All documents are prepared and updated regularly by practicing Advocates.


All documents are practical and effective.
group-62 (1)


All our documents are affordable.


Create your document from anywhere, anytime.

Get in Touch


Fill the form below with your details and questions