How to apply for a new passport in Kenya
Article 12 of the Constitution states that every citizen is entitled to a Kenyan passport and any document of registration/identification issued by the State. Applications for a passport are made by filling in an application form online as follows:
- Log in to your e-citizen account and select Directorate of Immigration Services (New Application)
- Select Passport Application.
- Choose the passport owner (Yourself or child)
- Fill in the form and upload copies of required documents.
- Pay the application fees and download the form. Print 3 copies of the form and 3 copies of the invoice.
- Book an appointment on your portal to submit the application to an Immigration officer at Nairobi (Nyayo House), or the Kisumu or Mombasa branches.
- Attend the appointment with the required documents. (The applicant must personally attend).
- The applicant will be updated of the status of their passport via sms and on their e-citizen platform.
Required documents for physical meeting
- 3 copies of the filled application form.
- 3 copied of the payment invoice.
- 3 recent passport size photographs with a white background endorsed at the back by the recommender.
- Applicant’s original ID.
- Parents’ original ID or death certificate and copies.
- Recommender’s ID copy.
- Original birth certificate and copy.