Fill Your Details
Pay Your Fees
Section 17 of the Births and Deaths Registration Act provides that the Registrar of deaths should be notified of a person’s death after 30 days from the date of death.
For persons who have passed away in Nairobi, the application can be made on e-citizen as follows:
- Applicant should log into their e-citizen account/register.
- Select the civil registration portal.
- Select application for death Certificate.
- Fill in the required details (place of death, burial permit number, and Deceased’s details)
- Select the pick-up location. (ACK Bishop House, Huduma City Square, Huduma Eastleigh, Huduma GPO, Huduma Kibera, Huduma Madaraka or Huduma Narok).
- Pay the required fee.
- You will receive a notification once the death certificate is ready.
- Pick the Certificate from the selected office and surrender the deceased’s ID card.
- Scanned copy of the burial permit
- Scanned copy of identification documents if the deceased above 18 years i.e. national id, alien id or passport.
You can also apply for a death certificate by filling in an application form at the Registrar of Deaths in ACK Bishop House or Hass Plaza. Submit a copy of the burial permit and a copy of the identity documents of the deceased. When picking the death certificate, you are required to surrender the deceased’s ID.
For persons who have passed away outside Nairobi, a person may apply for a death certificate through filling in the application form for issuance of a death certificate in the County Commissioners Office. Submit a copy of the burial permit and a copy of the identity documents of the deceased. When picking the death certificate, you are required to surrender the deceased’s ID.
Section 16 of the Births and Deaths Registrations Act provides that where a citizen passes away abroad, a person may notify the Registrar by applying for a death certificate. Apply for a death certificate by filling in the application form in any Civil Registration Office and produce the certificate of death issued in the country of death.